Tuesday 8 December 2020

 

Let me tell my prepaid meter experience - Claudia 

Internet logo


I paid for prepaid meter about 3weeks ago after doing my KYC online without hassle. I sent details to the customer care at Ikeja electric with no word from them, I kept emailing them reminders week after week.

Then I copied National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) in one of those emails. 2 days after, someone called from Mojec to notify me of my meter installation. I made plans to stay home and wait.

They eventually came with the meter.

First comment/complaint from the Mojec guys was transportation. They called from the nearest bustop to ask if my house was a trekking distance. I advised them to take bike it would cost #100. The guy who called from Mojec then asked if I would pay for it and that they were three. I agreed to pay. 

Soon as they got to me, one of them said "we don spend plenty money today, 5k to reach here from Cele" I told him it was impossible considering they came by public transport.

They assessed my existing connection and said I'd need about 15yards of wire to run the new installation and each yard would cos #800. I told them that my neighbour had just done similar wiring with the help of Ikeja electric staff and it didnt cost that much. So, I'd need a 2nd opinion from Ikeja electric

I called my neighbour who called his contact at Ikeja electric and they promised to show up in 15minutes but the Mojec guys got upset with me for "not trusting them" saying I'll spend money either ways why not with them. I insisted on a second opinion and they decided to leave eith the meter refusing to wait.

I told them that I would not beg them because I paid in full for the meter. Hence, it would eventually be installed whether by them or another group and no matter how long it takes and i would report their conduct. 

At that point, they got really upset and left but as they made to leave I took a picture of them leaving with the meters. I emailed Ikeja electric and put Mojec and NERC in copy.

In less than 3hours, (by then the Ikeja electric guys had already come and done the costing for #500 per yard against the initial #800 and 20 yards instead) it was already past 6pm, I got a call from someone at Mojec stating that they received my complaint, asking me to explain in detail. He then apologised, promising that they were going to return my meter immediately and asked that I pay them #500.

The silly staff called back at 8pm to say they couldn't make it back but would come early the next day, which they did.

The next morning they arrived with wires, fixed my meter. It eventually took 20yards and I paid #500 per yard then gave then a token for the work done.

It didnt have to get to that point really but unfortunately, we are so neck-deep into corruption people demand and give bribe like its legally/morally right.

Seeking a second opinion from a sister agency should not have been a problem especially as they'd earlier displayed some element of money mongering.

It's really sad that things are not normal around here but if I didnt escalate, I'd have been struggling with the matter because I did not have enough money to part with.

Again, government agencies work if you know the right thing to do and force them to. It's not normal, yes! Unfortunately, we have to knock senses into the "bad eggs" by force. 

Nigeria belongs to us all and we must seize every opportunity to make positive impact and ensure that people do the right thing.

If you're under I keja electric and are struggling with your own power/billing/meter issues and wondering how to resolve it. Click Here or copy link 
http://claudiopuzzo.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-prepaid-meter-experience.html?m=1 


Goodluck.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

NIS

iShipXpress...Your best cargo partner

iShipXpress...Your best cargo partner
iShipXpress

Search This Blog

Categories

Advertize here

LightBlog
Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

2023: Peter Obi Finally Declares Interest

Peter Obi Former Governor of Anambra State and former Vice Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi has finally declared he is running for the offic...

Pedestrian News Nigeria

Breaking News, Sports, Opinion, Trends, Information, StreetGist

Sponsor

ads

Beauty

Text Widget

Followers


Labels

Sponsor

test

BTemplates.com

Pages

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Blog Archive